FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Does Hack.Diversity provide any technical training?
Hack.Diversity is NOT a bootcamp or coding program; candidates with zero experience in software engineering, IT, and/or data analytics skills at the time of applying to participate will NOT be successful in the program For candidates who have the foundational skills per eligibility requirements, Hack.Diversity DOES provide a technical project experience and learning paths through which Fellows can continue to enhance and strengthen in-demand skills ahead of interviewing for internships. If you’d like to improve on your technical skills before applying to Hack.Diversity, check out these technical training programs here.
Q: How long is Hack.Diversity’s program?
Hack.Diversity operates in an annual 8-month cycle from January through August. Upon successful completion of the program, and contingent upon continued practice of Hack.Diversity Code of Conduct Fellows transition into Hack.Alumni benefits, inclusive of but not limited to: access to resources, network, employment opportunities, speaking opportunities, professional development opportunities, leadership opportunities within the Hack.Diversity Community.
Q: What is Hack.Diversity looking for in their applicants?
For candidates applying to participate in Hack.Diversity 2021, we welcome ALL applicants who are 18+ and feel like they have a solid technical foundation to complete internships in the following roles: software development/engineering, IT/Networking, data analytics, ux/ui development.
RECCOMENDED TECHNICAL FOUNDATIONS:
• Minimum of 1 year of technical training under your belt through academic coursework, bootcamp or self taught training
• In the past our Fellows have come from 4 year public and private colleges, 2 year programs, community colleges, certificates and bootcamp programs.
• Available to dedicate the expected time commitment to the program. See above.
• 3.0 GPA or above preferred. If you do not have GPA, we ask to see the curriculum through which you completed to gain your technical skills.
• Passionate about diversity in tech
Q: When does the application open and what is the selection process like?
Our application opens every year in August and closes mid-October. All applicants will be notified if they move onto the interview round in November. All final decisions will be sent in December with programming beginning in January. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of the page to stay up to date!